¡Murales Rebeldes! L.A. Chicana/o Murals Under Siege
Organized by the California Historical Society and LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes,"¡Murales Rebeldes! L.A. Chicana/o Murals under Siege" is a traveling exhibit documenting the history of Southern California murals from the 1960s and 1970s Chicana/o Movement that were censored, whitewashed, neglected and destroyed. Featuring sketches by 10 artists, plus photographs, rescued fragments and more, the exhibit showcases the Mexican American community's creative spirit, revealing the power of urban art. On view through Dec. 29. http://www.californiamuseum.org/murales-rebeldes for details. Image: "Fountain Valley Mural," by Sergio O'Cadiz Moctezuma, c. 1976. Courtesy of the O'Cadiz Family collection.
Cost: Museum admission: $6.50-$9; under age 6, free; active military & family free May 18- Sept. 1
1020 O St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Other Dates & Times
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, October 6, 2019, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Saturday, Sep 21, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Oct 19, 1:30 PM
- Friday, Sep 20, 6:30 PM