UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County present Become a Master Gardener -Volunteer Training
Do you enjoy gardening? Become a Master Gardener. Fine tune your existing knowledge and add new knowledge with our intensive study course led by University Advisors and horticultural experts. Trainees study a wide range of home horticulture topics, with online and in-class coursework and training on how to properly research and respond to questions from the public. The mission of Master Gardeners is to share research-based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management and sustainable landscaping practices with the Sacramento community.
University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners in Sacramento County
• Be trained to educate the public on environmentally sound, research-based gardening practices.
• Volunteer at Master Gardener community events conducting workshops, diagnosing plant problems, speaking to community groups and dispensing advice over the phone, and in writing. Most volunteer activities take place on weekends from spring to early fall.
• Volunteer with fellow gardeners who share your love of all things horticultural.
• Enjoy opportunities to continue learning.
• Master Gardeners focus on education, volunteerism and fun.
Application & Training
• Applicants are required to be residents of Sacramento County. (Residents of other counties should contact their county’s Master Gardener program.)
• Applications will be accepted starting Monday, September 9. Deadline is Friday, October 18, 2019. Applications and complete training details are available on our website at http://sacmg.ucanr.edu/Master_Gardener_Training/. Applications also available by mailing a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to:
Master Gardener Training
UC Cooperative Extension
4145 Branch Center Road
Sacramento, CA 95827-3823
• Training is each Wednesday, January 15 through May 13, 2020.
4145 Branch Center Road
Sacramento, CA 95827
Other Dates & Times
- All Day, Tuesday September 24 2019
- All Day, Friday September 20 2019
- All Day, Saturday September 21 2019
- All Day, Wednesday September 18 2019
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Sacramento Career Fair - September 18, 2019 - Live Recruiting/Hiring Event at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho CordovaWednesday, Sep 18, 11:00 AM
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Regional Advisory Meeting: Fall 2019 at Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE)Friday, Nov 1, 8:30 AM
- Saturday, Oct 26, 9:30 AM
- More Events at UC Cooperative Extension
- Monday, Sep 30, 8:00 AM
- More Events on September 27, 2019
- Friday, Sep 27, 7:00 PM
- Become a Master Gardener 2020 Volunteer Training at University of California, Sacramento County Cooperative ExtensionFriday, Sep 27, 8:00 AM
- Friday, Sep 27, 5:30 PM