UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County June Open Garden
Open Garden days are informal events with Master Gardeners available in all areas of the garden. It’s a great opportunity to peruse the garden at your own pace and ask lots of questions.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. UCCE Master Gardeners will hold mini-demonstrations on:
Growing sunflowers and succulents at the Water Efficient Landscape Garden.
Walking tour on harvesting herbs, gathering seeds, drying herbs and more at the Herb Project Area.
A non-chemical method for controlling soil born pests via Soil Solarization at the Vegetable Project Area.
On-going Demonstrations at the various project areas:
Water Efficient Landscape Garden: The many benefits of mulch.
Orchard: Fruit thinning and summer pruning.
Berries: Blueberry tasting.
Vegetables: Pest management based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
Vineyard: Canopy management, shoot, leaf and cluster thinning and how to spray for powdery mildew.
Compost: Turning, sifting, and building the pile for good, healthy compost.
Located outside – rain or shine.
Phone: (915) 875-6913
Event url: sacmg.ucanr.edu
11549 Fair Oaks Blvd
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Tuesday, Aug 27, 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, Sep 4, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, Sep 4, 8:30 AM
- More Events at Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
- Saturday, Sep 14, 9:00 AM
- UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County September Open Garden at the Horticulture Center at Fair Oaks Horticulture CenterSaturday, Sep 14, 9:00 AM