Storytime at the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
Build early literacy and celebrate the wonder of winter, snow, and ice skating! Downtown children’s librarians, Mr. Nate and Miss Caitlin, are bringing storytime to the ice rink during the second Wednesday of every month (Nov. 14, Dec. 12 and Jan. 9), presented by Sacramento Public Library. Designed for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and caregivers, enjoy singing fun songs and reading cool stories from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. followed by private skating until 2 p.m. when the rink opens to the public.
A great opportunity to enhance your child’s early learning experience and avoid the crowds, storytime is free to attend (non-peak skate pricing applies). Early literacy is everything children know about reading and writing before they can actually read and write.
Ways to get to the rink hassle-free:
- Utilize Sacramento Regional Transit District light rail
- Visit SacPark.org to find a parking spot
- Travel by Train with Amtrak San Joaquins
- Nearby garage parking includes City Hall Garage (10th & I) and Capitol Garage (10th & L)
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is produced by Downtown Sacramento Partnership and wouldn't be possible without the support of our sponsors: Dignity Health Sacramento, Western Health Advantage, DOCO Sacramento, Sacramento Kings, Sacramento Regional Transit District and more.
Visit https://www.godowntownsac.com/events/signature-events/ice-rink/for more details!
Cost: - Kids 6 and Under: $6
- Regular Skate: $13
Phone: (916) 442-8575
Event url: GoDowntownSac.com/IceRink
701 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Saturday, Sep 7, 2:00 PM
- Gold Spike Lecture: California's Complicated Relationship with the Railroad at California Automobile MuseumThursday, Jul 25, 7:00 PM
- Gold Spike Lecture: The Recovery & Interpretation of the Experiences of Chinese Railroad Workers in North America at California Automobile MuseumThursday, Aug 22, 7:00 PM