Making the Grade: California & the Transcontinental Railroad
Discover the transcontinental railroad's Golden State history in an exhibit that marks the 150th anniversary of the route's completion at the California Museum. The installation features documents drawn from its collections and other from institutions. Highlights include historic documents, photographs, maps and more chronicling the California construction of the 1,912-mile line that connected America coast-to-coast and united the nation. On view through Sept. 1. Image: Excursion train at Cape Horn, circa 1865-1866. By Alfred A. Hart, courtesy of the California History Room, California State Library, Sacramento, Calif.
Cost: Museum admission: $6.50-$9; under age 6, free; active military & family free May 18-Sept. 1
1020 O St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Other Dates & Times
- Saturday, July 27, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 19, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Friday, Jul 26, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 21, 11:00 AM
- Saturday, Jul 20, 1:00 PM